Thursday, July 5, 2012

Divergent, Fanfiction, and a Trailer

The other day I forgot my book at home when I was going to work with some time to kill.

[CHORUS: How could you forget your book??]

I know, I know.

So I was looking in the book section of said job, and this book caught my eye: "Divergent," by Veronica Roth.  I flipped through it a little, and it looked interesting.  I bought it.

My goodness, it is really good.  At first glance, it may seem like a Hunger Games rip-off, but I assure you, it's not.  It's like HG with a edge.  A very psychological edge.  And darker.  It is dystopian, so the two have that in common.  Very futuristic with a moral caste system.

It would make a really good movie.  I'm only half-way through it.

I'm not that much into fanfiction.  I've looked on some sites for Twilight fanfiction, and I did find one story in particular that I liked, but now I can't find it.  I guess I'll keep looking.  There was this book that someone, named Jean Rush, wrote called "First Light," about Renesmee, Bella and Edward's daughter.  I thought it was okay.  I didn't really like it when Nessie went with the Volturi, and I know a bunch of people didn't like the ending.  But, really, if you think about the Twilight series as a whole, it kind of makes sense.

Rush wrote a sequel to "First Light," called "First Light: Rising Sun."  It's told from Leah's perspective.  Leah isn't one of my favorite characters, but I thought I'd give it a try.  I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would.  About halfway through it switches to Nessie's perspective.  And more of the central characters get to be involved in this one.  There was this one major plot twist that I left me wondering, "How on earth is this going to get worked out?"  But it does.

Speaking of Twilight, we got the first teaser last month for Breaking Dawn 2!! Yay!  It was really good, and it left me wanting more.

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...