Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's Here: The New Bracelet

Okay, I finally got it finished!

As Alice Cullen said, "It's time, it's time, it's time!"

Oh, wait. Wrong movie.  My bad.



I'd been wanting to do a Hunger Games bracelet for a while, and it took me some time to get everything together.  I got the beads from Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Walmart, and Etsy.  I was going for a "Girl on Fire" theme.

I had a hard time finding just the right bow and arrow charm, and I finally found this shop on Etsy. The store's name starts with "Bohemian."  Some of the charms I wasn't looking for originally, but when I saw them I thought they would fit, such as the dress charm.  I might touch up the dress with some gold nail polish- just a bit.  Maybe.

The orange beads really aren't orange- they're amber.  I found these "metallic" bronze beads at Hobby Lobby, and the accents I got from Walmart.  The sparrow charm looks a lot like the mockingjay.

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...