Saturday, June 18, 2011

"We have no bananas..."

I don't really care for bananas. Let me clarify: I'm not crazy about eating bananas by themselves. I'm not really sure why.

That being said, I really like a recipe I came across once for banana bread cobbler. And, I do like banana bread. So I thought I'd blog about my attempt to make banana bread-- in muffin form.

I'm working off a recipe I found on foodnetwork.com. It's something Giada de Laurentiis featured on a show of hers. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giadas-weekend-getaways/flours-famous-banana-bread-recipe/index.html

One of the curious things I noticed was that you beat the eggs and sugar together. I'd never done that before in a recipe. I'm using a muffin pan because I don't have a loaf pan. There are 3 ½ bananas (mashed) in this recipe, and toasted walnuts. (Yum. Sprinkled a few extra on top. Mom and I like walnuts.) A little bit of cinnamon is included.

The batter seemed a bit thin, even with the bananas, so I was a bit concerned about the tins overflowing, But they were fine. These do not take nearly as long to bake. It seems like just under a half-hour is perfect. My oven runs kind of hot, so I'm lowering it some more for the leftover batch. These puppies are hot when they come out of the oven, even with a 2-minute rest period. They smell good, too.

The Verdict:

These are really good. They're moist, nutty, and have chunks of banana.

(By the way, the title comes from this old song that my dad had referenced to once in a great while. So I looked it up, and it has a pretty interesting history. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes!_We_Have_No_Bananas )

1 comment:

Erika said...

testing comment. the muffins are still good.

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...