Saturday, September 17, 2011

From One Virus to Another...

Today Mom and I saw two movies.  One was "Rise of the Planet of the Apes."  When I first heard about it, I was like, "Eh."  But then I heard how much dough it made, and saw the trailer, and thought it looked pretty good.

It was pretty good.  The special effects were neat, and the storyline was easy to follow.  It got me thinking as to how far primates can go with their intelligence.  I know the speaking thing was pretty off-the-mark, but still.... (And, no, there are no redwood forests on the other side of the Golden Gate!  They're at least 3 hours away!) The ending was left totally open for a sequel.  Do not leave the theater when the credits roll.  Which leads me to the second movie... (yes, the two are linked by this small but significant thread; those who have seen "Apes" know what I'm talking about.)

"Contagion."  It's part drama, part documentary (sort of).  The cinematography is good, and so is the acting.  What's good is that it doesn't go from start-to-finish.  It skips around.

[Disclosure warning] I am slightly germophobic, and probably for good reason.  I nearly had a panic attack while watching this movie.  I thought I was going to be sick (the *other* kind of sick).  But I enjoyed it, as much as one can watching this type of movie.  It's quite good.  Perhaps that's why it was good.  It's scary.  It's scary because it could happen.

And on a happier note, look what I found... :)


No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...