Sunday, June 3, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman

Today I went to go see "Snow White and the Huntsman."  It's really a different film, and certainly a different Snow White and fairy tale.

The special effects were good, and so was the cinematography.  The weather is cloudy with barely a sunny day, adding to the dark mood of the film.  The sequence in the Dark Forest kind of reminded me of when the warrior goes to see this giant creature in "The Neverending Story."  There are cool special effects.  It appears that the guys who did Lord of the Rings also worked on this film, based on two characters.  And did we have a Narnian fan when it came to the stag in the forest??

Now... to the acting.  Charlize Theron will certainly take home the MTV Movie award next year for Best Villain, hands down, and if for some reason she doesn't, then she's robbed.  It's in this way that the title is somewhat misleading, it seems to me.

On to Kristen.... Snow White here seems more like a supporting character.  Her acting seems a bit understated, and she didn't get as much development as the Queen did.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Maybe it's because we don't know quite everything she's thinking, as we do with the Queen.

Liam Hemsworth did a good job as the Huntsman.

It's an okay movie.

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...