Wednesday, May 23, 2012

You Sank My Battleship!

Today I went to go see "Battleship."  I know critics have been panning it, but I wanted to give it a try.

Michael Bay got served.  He does not have a monopoly on blowing stuff up any more.  That honor now goes to Peter Berg, formerly an "M.D." from the Chicago-area hospital "Chicago Hope." (Come on... tell me you remember....)

And it's Pop-O-Matic Trouble when the "beings" go after our tracking and defense systems, keeping the ships, etc., at bay with... something.  These beings aren't all bad, they just want to control the satellites, blow up some ships, and phone home.  They're half-Terminator, half-walrus. They sort of go out of their way to not kill humans, for some strange reason.

Maybe they're waiting for the "Independence Day" sequel?

And oh, yes, Eric the Vampire/now commander of a ship (AKA "Alexander Skarsgard") gets killed.

Spoiler Alert.

Was not expecting that.

And yes, there is a little game of "Battleship" played.  It was pretty neat how they snuck it in there.

This movie wasn't really that bad.  The subplot of the Japanese fleets and veterans helping out was cool.  The special effects were awesome.  The script could have been better in some spots.  For everyone dissing Rihanna's acting, she really didn't get that much of a chance to act.

Something was wrong with the theater's sound system.  The music was way too loud out of the left side, so I complained.  "They" turned the music down, but then you couldn't really hear the actors.  So someone else complained.  Then the music was just too loud again.  On a good note, "we" talked to the manager and got free passes.  He was really nice about it.

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...