Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cake Pops Bombed

This week I'd had the bright idea to make cake pops, after having some great ones at Starbucks. 

I guess there's a reason they have theirs shipped in. 

I used french vanilla cake mix with vanilla frosting.  One recipe I used said to use 1/3 cup frosting, so I did.  It didn't seem like enough, so I doubled that.  This was probably my first mistake.  I mixed the two together, let it chill, and used about a tablespoon of "dough".  You then roll them into balls, and let them chill again in the fridge.  Finally you dip them into the melted chocolate/candy, etc., and harden in the fridge again. 

The next to last stop was where I got frustrated.  (This is not a recipe for the easily frustrated.  And I get easily frustrated.)  I guess the cake balls were too heavy, and the candy coating was too thick, and when I *really* tried to dip the pops into the coating, they came apart.  (And yes, I pre-dipped the sticks).  I just finally gave up and rolled them- without the lollipop sticks- in the coating. 

They do taste good, though.  But they're kind of a hassle. 

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...