Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Help

Mom and I saw "The Help" yesterday.  It was good; pretty close with the book.  The actresses all did a really good job.  The little girl who played Mae Mobley was very good.  When I was reading the book, I had always pictured actress Lois Smith playing Skeeter's mother (Smith's been in a ton of movies, inc. "Minority Report," "Twister," and "Fried Green Tomatoes").  They all have good chemistry.  Sissy Spacek has a small but good part as Hilly's mom.  Bryce Dallas Howard is Hilly, and it's one of her best roles.

It's funny how things can trigger memories.  During one party scene there's a pitcher in the kitchen that both of us recognized as Depression glass.  I was debating as to whether or not it was real or a prop.  We should know.  We have about a million pieces.  (Thanks, Nan.)  [You can see a little of it in this pic- Picture ]

And, yes, if you're wondering, the book's two most outstanding scenes are in the movie.  I've never heard a bunch of people laugh so hard.

So-- see the movie or read the book?  Do both.   

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...