Monday, June 13, 2011

24,266 Pages

I racked my brain last night trying to think of what to blog about.  I thought about baking something, but I didn't really want to, because I have a cold.  I thought about somehow analyzing books that I'd read, but considering the sheer number of them, that was less-than-anticipated.  Then, I found out that GoodReads.com had done it for me already.  Phew. http://www.goodreads.com is a site that helps you keep track of the books you've read.  It's right down my alley. 

So... just because I can't think of anything else....

I have 253 books listed on GoodReads.com.  209 of those are books that I've read- give or take one or two.  One I have listed as "currently reading", and 43 books that I want to read.  There are seven that I "seriously need to finish reading" (might as well start over with those). 19 are children's books, 25 are Christian, one's a cookbook, three are history, and 51 are biographies/autobiographies.  Rather consistently, biography is the genre that I've read the most over the past few years.  Seven have to do with movies and music, and fifteen are mysteries.  A lot of the books I've put into multiple categories. 

My first book listed is "Veil of Roses," by Laura Fitzgerald, on Feb. 3, 2008.  My most recent book listed is "Choosing to SEE," by Mary Beth Chapman, although technically the last book I finished reading last week is "A Love that Multiplies," by Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar.

I've read ten books so far this year.  The longest book was "The Twilight Saga Official Guide."  The year where I've read the most books is 2008- twenty-six.  John Grisham's "The Client" was the longest that year.

To break it down by page numbers, there were 7619 pages read in 2008-- I had a lot of time on my hands.  6207 in 2007.  This year, it's 3447 so far.  But we're only halfway through.  And we're not counting the books I've reread.  These are just new books. 

The total of pages from 2007, until now, is 24266.  

It's all Mom's fault. :)  She started it.

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...