Monday, May 21, 2012

The Oscar Goes To...

Well, not hardly.

The MTV Movie Awards are in a couple of weeks.  And the only reason I'm writing about them is because a few movies that I like are up for some awards.  So here are the categories / movies I care about:

Best Movie:
The Help
The Hunger Games
Breaking Dawn


This is such a tough category.  I love these three movies.  The Help and HG just slightly edge out BD.  It's like a potato chip; I can't pick just one, since I love both of those.  But I guess I'm going to have to.

My Pick: Uggggghhhh. OK.  The Help.

Best Kiss:
Between The Hunger Games and Breaking Dawn


Breaking Dawn, during the wedding.  For reasons of nostalgia.  The "prom song" from Twilight is played.  It's a really nice sequence.  HG didn't really seal the deal for me because I didn't think it really counted. Yet.

Female Performance:


Jennifer Lawrence.  She played a great Katniss.

Male Performance:


Josh Hutcherson.  He was good as Peeta.

On-Screen Transformation:

I consider the term "transformation" as something that changes during a movie, like Cinderella, etc.  But Elizabeth Banks was good as Effie in HG.  I haven't seen "My Week with Marilyn," but it seems like Michelle played it well.  They both certainly looked their parts.

Gut-Wrenching Scene:

I was going to say Hilly's pie scene in The Help, but I saw the new Mission: Impossible film, and the Dubai hotel sequence kicks it out of the park.

Fight:

HG was nominated, but the garage fight in Mission: Impossible was pretty cool.

Cast:

Between "The Help" and "The Hunger Games," it's another hard choice.  I'm going with "The Help."  Again, I loved both movies, but it seems that HG had a lot of wonderful individual performances, while you see characters really interact in "The Help."  If that makes any sense at all.

Dirt Bag:  There really was no contest for me.  Bryce Howard as Hilly.

PS: The thing I spoke of last post is still coming.  It is.  Really.

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...