Monday, November 16, 2015

My Mockingjay T-Shirt

I was eagerly awaiting merchandise release for Mockingjay pt. 2, but it's been really sparse, at least up until now. So I had to go with the option of making my own shirt. Hey, a fan's gotta do what a fan's gotta do.

At first, I was going to bleach a Mockingjay design, but that changed into using paint. In fact, a lot of this process is derived from the process of making a bleached shirt.

I used gold glitter fabric spray paint and gold fabric glitter, both from Tulip. I found a Mockingjay silhouette online and printed it out. You have to very careful in cutting it out. After I cut it out, I taped it to the shirt. (Rolled the tape back on itself, etc.)

Then, I sprayed the fabric paint around the design. The paint splattered once or twice, but it wasn't too bad. Next up came the glitter. I'm really glad I went with it. I sprinkled it on, and it really enhanced the paint. Let me just say that one has to have a very steady hand when putting on the glitter. It can't exactly be brushed off once it's on there. But I did okay.

To seal the glitter on the shirt, I just sprayed another light layer of fabric paint. I had to let it dry for four hours. After four hours, I very carefully removed the paper "stencil." I was concerned that the beak would be too small, but it came out fine.

I was really happy with my shirt! See you on Friday.... :)





Sent from my iPad 2

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...