Monday, June 15, 2015

Mockingjay pt. 2 Trailer Thoughts

It's been a week since we got the first "real" trailer for Mockingjay pt. 2. Everyone had been wanting it for a really long time; I think some people were starting to give up.

I watched it the morning it was released, and I liked it. I was a bit surprised that they put parts from the end (or at least close to it). But then again, there aren't any games to build up to.

So.... Here are my thoughts:

- It opens with Finnick and Annie's wedding in District 13. It's nice, everyone's happy.

- The next scene is with Effie, and Katniss in her Mockingjay uniform. They're not in 13. So, I think this part is much, much later than you might think.

- Here's Boggs, they're in the districts. Here's Plutarch. I was pleasantly surprised to find Egeria (AKA Mira from Homeland) in pt. 2. I assumed Snow would've had her killed off.

- Here's Commander Lyme, from district 2. I think. "Everyone" recognizes this actress from a different show.

- "Tonight, turn your weapons to the Capitol." That is all.

- Then, we see Snow in his final confrontation with Katniss. (trust me, it is.). Again, really close to the end.

- We finish with a line from Finnick, and the logo and mockingjay whistle.

I really liked it. It was really good, and I was surprised by all the elements that are close to the ending. I especially liked the shot of Katniss in the city circle with the people from the districts. It's said in the first book that you have to be invited to the Capitol. Or else go there as a tribute.

So, anyway, really solid. Can't wait for the film.


Sent from my iPad 2

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...