Thursday, January 23, 2014

Don't Be Afraid to Try

I tend to get slightly overwhelmed/depressed when I go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I see a bunch of stuff--

-oh, I need to finish that scarf loom thing.
- i want to try Mod-Podging.
I need to finish that bracelet.
Ooh, look at these beads...

You get the picture.

I got watercolors for Christmas, and I tried them out a couple of weeks ago.

I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, and my mom knows it. Just prior to me trying these out she told me not to be (rather, expect) perfect and get frustrated. Which I do. Sometimes. So I was just playing around. Turns out with art, you don't have to be perfect. Elements of my drawing were good (I thought) and I liked it. Even mistakes can turn out to be something you end up liking.

So don't be that perfect, and try.

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...