Friday, July 22, 2011

Odds and Ends

Okay, I know I haven't written anything for a couple of weeks.  I haven't made anything new.  This will be a mash-up of different topics.

I appreciate the rain we've been getting.  Keep it coming!

I roasted brussels sprouts for the first time last week.  They turned out good- fresh ones cut in half, tossed in a little bit of oil, salt and pepper, and roasted in the oven until done.  They get a little soft on the inside, crispy on the outside.  Yum.  You may not like brussels sprouts, but I do. :)

There's a really cute bagel place near me, called The Bagel Cafe, in Houston.  Really good.  Mom liked the bagel chips; their sandwiches are tasty.

Have you seen the new brown sugar/cinnamon Ritz crackers?  I picked up a box.  They aren't that sweet.  Maybe a little on the bland side.  They probably would be good for some no-bake pie crust.

San Diego has Comic Con right now (convention for comic books, action movies, fantasy movies, you get the idea).  Yesterday was basically, albeit unofficially, Breaking Dawn day.  The director and actors had a Q & A time, and showed two clips from the upcoming movie.  One clip was of Jacob (Taylor Lautner) talking to two of the vampires, and then the pack of wolves.  I'm not going to rehash the details; it's on YouTube and probably every other news and fan site.  (I should mention that both clips were filmed "unofficially," and put on YouTube.)

Then we get to the other clip-- of Bella and Edward arriving at Isle Esme, where the honeymoon takes place.  That's where we have the problem.  Mom deduced that the "cameraman" (woman?) got cold feet at the last minute, and that was why we ONLY GOT AUDIO.

Really? Seriously?  There's a million other frustrated fans asking the same question.  I guess we have to wait for Summit to officially release it. 

You have to turn up your speakers, but it's there.  I have to say, I liked the music at the beginning.

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...