Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Catching Fire Review

Okay. I know.  I'm finally getting around to it.  Here it is:
I went to go see catching fire on opening day. I wasn't that bowled over by it. But I couldn't find much to complain about. I thought it was a very solid adaptation, and it is very faithful to the book. Maybe that's why; I knew what was going to happen.

(Unlike that little battle bit in BD2.)


Here's what I really liked...
The world of Panem. We see more of it.  The various districts, etc.

Finnick. Sam C. was good. His character won't be more fully examined until Mockingjay. I just really liked his demeanor.

Johanna.  I loved, loved, loved Johanna. Jena was perfect.  A great mix of (slight) insanity and uncertainty.

I loved the ending sequence with Katniss being told about her district, her last scene.  One unexpected surprise was the morphing of the mockingjay.

The only thing I missed from the book was Plutarch's watch dialogue with Katniss.
Needless to say, I'm looking forward to Mockingjay.

PS: a special thanks to The Hob.org for the contest tickets! 

I went to go see it again last week, so here are some additional observations:
-President Snow was very creepy.
-The "documentary" style still kept, in a way (I.e. Caesar's interview)
-same music cues from The Hunger Games were used.
-Haymitch, you can tell, is starting to care about Katniss.

A 2nd thanks to The Hob for the shirt from the contest. :-)

No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...