Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sprouts

I have gone to my fair share of concerts, and attended DVD release parties for Twilight and Hunger Games.... I'm used to waiting in line. (And yes, I'm wishing I could be at Comic-Con...) 

But today was the first time I'd ever waited in line for the opening of a grocery store.  I'd heard interesting things about Sprouts, and this morning I was able to go to the grand opening.  

I got up very early....

5:11am
"I got here about 10 minutes ago and there's about 15- or so people in line. Most of them brought their camping chairs. Weather isn't too bad. I got about 4 hours of sleep."

5:45am
"There's about 15 more people behind me now.  I've been sitting on the ground. Leaning against the row of grocery carts.  Someone near me brought a blanket to sit on and is watching a DVD.  We're lucky it's not raining. Listening to my "Twilight" playlist and have tried to get a little shuteye. Enjoyed part of my PB bagel 'sandwich.'"

6:05a -- 
They are giving out muffins and coffee. Got the muffin [I don't drink coffee, really....] Employees gave out bands for the free goody bag, and there were about 20 or so more people in line. And a local high school band arrived. They started playing early. ** I wondered if they got paid, or at least got free food. **

At around 6:30, people stood up and "officially" got into line, which now stretched to Panera.  

The store opened on time, and the employees welcomed everyone inside, giving high fives.  I went to the bulk section.  It was very neat.  12 flavors of gummi bears? Yes, please.  I eventually made it to the outer aisles, where I found my favorite Annie Chun's seaweed snacks.  Buy one, get one free? Of course!  In all reality, I should have bought more (only bought 4, total).  

It was very crowded, but still fun.  And I swear I ended up in one of their pictures on Facebook.    :-). I'm looking forward to going back.  


No comments:

Taylor Swift, Super Saturday Night- A Look Back

I remember the moment I became a Taylor Swift fan. I had heard a few songs of hers on the radio. However, it was in the fall of 2010 I found...